Major announcements from National Express Group PLC.
National Express Group ("the Group"), the leading international transport provider, has today launched an effort with the charity National Missing Persons Helpline to help find Madeleine McCann. The Group operates Eurolines coach services to more than 500 destinations throughout Europe and, working together with the other Eurolines members, will put up posters in bus and coach stations in 27 countries. ALSA, the Group's Spanish business, which operates the largest bus and coach operation in Spain with services in Portugal and Morocco, will also place posters in their coach stations and ticket shops.
The initiative has the opportunity to reach hundreds of thousands of people in European countries including Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hungary, The Netherlands, Slovenia and Turkey. The members of the Eurolines organisation will work hard to ensure the posters, created by the charity National Missing Persons Helpline are placed in visible locations where people travelling for business or leisure will have access to the useful information displayed.
Richard Bowker, Chief Executive, National Express Group said, "Everybody hopes Madeleine will be found safe and well, and we hope our support will help raise awareness in places not yet touched by the news of Madeline's disappearance. Being able to reach places such as Estonia and Romania with our European network and into towns and cities throughout Spain and Portugal provides everybody with hope of hearing some good news very soon."
National Missing Persons Helpline has been the official charity of the National Express Group for more than five years. Chief Executive of the charity, Paul Tuohy said: "Missing is a social issue that could affect every one of us. We all hope for a swift and happy end to Madeleine's disappearance.
"We would like to thank National Express Group for their continued support. We need donations to continue our vital work that results in 10 people being found every week."
- ENDS -
For more information please contact:
Nicola Marsden/Deborah Tilley
National Express Group PLC 020 7529 2000/07719 342020
Notes to editors
The countries where posters will be placed include:
- Austria: Eurolines Austria (Blaguss)
- ÖBB (Österreichische Bundesbahnen)
- Belgium: Eurolines Belgium
- Bosnia-Herzegovina: Centrotrans
- Bulgaria: Eurolines Bulgaria Evrobus
- Croatia: Autotrans Rijeka
- Czech Republic: Touring Bohemia
- Eurolines Sodeli CZ s.r.o.
- Denmark: Eurolines Scandinavia DK
- Estonia : Eurolines Estonia (Mootorreisi)
- France: Eurolines France
- Germany: Eurolines Germany (Deutsche Touring GmbH)
- Great Britain: Eurolines UK (National Express)
- Hungary: Eurolines Hungary (Volanbusz)
- Ireland: Bus Eireann
- Italy: Eurolines Italia S.R.L.
- Latvia: Eurolines Latvia
- Lithuania: Kautra
- UAB TOKS
- Morocco: CTM (Compagnie de Transport au Maroc)
- The Netherlands: Eurolines Nederland
- Poland: Veolia Eurolines Polska
- Romania: Eurolines Romania
- Serbia : Lasta
- Slovak Republic: Slovak Lines a.s.
- Slovenia: Certus
- Spain: Eurolines Peninsular S.A.
- Sweden: Eurolines Scandinavia/Sweden
- Switzerland: Eurolines Alsa + Eggmann
- Turkey: Ülusoy Seyahat Nakliyat A.S.